Search This Blog

Sunday 17 April 2016

April already?

Well, well, well.

No surprise that it's been a few months since I've been here!

The new job, combined with the Hypothyroidism is taking it's toll. I am exhausted. Hypothyroidism really saps your energy and gives you a very foggy brain. Not a bright idea to agree to do a distance learning course for a work qualification then......

Everything becomes an effort, even getting up in the morning - no matter how many hours sleep you've had. Housework has been forgotten and the kids have had to help out with the cooking and stuff. The place is a mess. And now, on top of that, I have Carpal Tunnel Syndrome in my left hand. I seem to come across as lazy but I just don't have any energy. I feel so tired I just want to cry.

So, as usual, I have taken on even more! I have been invited to take a stall at a new craft market starting up locally. The lady saw my Facebook page and thought I would be a good fit for what she was looking for. Thankfully I have quite a bit of stock from the pre-Christmas fair I did, so all I have to do are a few more woolfelt notebook covers and sew in the ends of the last few blankets I've done. I also have one proddy rug to finish if I can find some matching fleece to fill in the last little bit and I should be sorted then.

I have a couple of weeks to get it all done, assuming that the builder can get my home studio done. My daughter has graciously allowed me to have half of her bedroom (the attic) and our friendly builder is coming to put up a dividing wall sometime this week. I am rather excited to get an inside studio rather than the draughty, damp shed/studio at the end of the garden!

I really will try to visit more often and bring some pictures of my blankets and new studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment